Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Milestone Met

Levi turned 18 months old two weeks ago, and along with that comes going to the nursery at church. A major milestone for moms and dads throughout the LDS church. With that comes the odd feeling that you are missing something, your child, and being okay with it because you can now finally listen and participate in Sunday School and Priesthood/Relief Society (in my case Young Women's) and not try to entertain/quiet a toddler.
I always hear from my friends how their child just cried when they left, just clung to the parent or how it broke their heart. Well, I took Levi to his first nursery time 2 weeks ago and he about jumped out of my arms trying to get to the toys. He first chose a baby buggy to push around, his dad would be so proud, made a lap around the room and then grabbed a truck also. So he walked past me again, baby buggy pushed with one hand and the truck in the other, looked up and smiled and kept walking. He didn't care if I was there or not.
One of the nursery leaders had just finished taking a child to a parent in between classes and stopped and said "I hate to tell you this, but Levi is doing just fabulous". Rick went to pick him up and they said he sat there very happy during the lesson and treat also. Although I did hear later that he snaked a couple of treats from in front of the boy sitting next to him.
Today was the same thing, Rick dropped him off and we were able to go to class childless. He's growing up so fast. I am glad he likes nursery and it's not a fight for him to go, I'm sure he'll have his days but I'll take it for now. He sure is an independant little boy!

1 comment:

Cecily R said...

Hooray for a happy nursery kid!! Isaac was the same way only he pushed us out the door for real. A few times he cried when we came to pick him up. Stinker.

Gracie, well, she was one of those nightmare kids you hear about. The whole stake could hear that kid screaming I swear.

Only time will tell how Evie does...my guess. She's another Gracie in the making...