Friday, February 17, 2012

Trials

Part of the reason I haven't blogged for a while is that it is often hard to talk about trials that you are going through. It is better after a little time has passed and perspective gained. The past month has been one of frustration, disappointment, and sorrow. The saying "When it rains, it pours" has been very true lately. Just when I think that it can't get any worse, something else happens.
I have mentioned before that my mother-in-law has been in and out of the hospital. About 3 weeks ago Rick was about to take his next test when the boys and I woke up with some intestinal issues. We sent Rick to a hotel to avoid the bug as he was to take his test the next day. That night the kids and I were feeling better but got a call tat my mother-in-law had fallen again (just 4 days after coming home from the hospital). I spent the rest of the night trying to convince her that she needed to go to the inpatient rehab to get stronger. (FRUSTRATION)

Rick ended up getting the bug about an hour before his test. Needless to say he didn't pass the test, he didn't even finish it as he was in and out several times. This just puts us further from him getting the jog he wants (DISAPPOINTMENT)

I have struggled whether to share this last information but am hoping that it will be cathartic or something. That night my brother called to let us know that they had found out that my sister-in-law in in Stage IV cancer. The cancer has metastasized and in her spine and shoulder blade. Her type of cancer has a 17% survival rate at 5 years. I still get choked up when I think about it. She has 5 kids ages 1-12. To talk to them it doesn't seem to be a big deal. They are such an example of faith and understanding Heavenly Father's plan for us. I on the other hand question why, why, why... and tear up far too often. I know that there is a bigger plan, I just think that the current one pretty much stinks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your not alone and the issues you have been facing are the worries and concerns of others too. Keep Blogging life is very frustrated regardless of race , color or age

Unknown said...

thanks for giving your life to those who know we are made to help each-other in the long run