Friday, February 17, 2012

Christmas 2011

We had a busy but fun Christmas. Here are a few pics from our activities. We went to Christmas Village in Ogden and the boys had fun seeing the different little houses with scenes inside.
We even were able to see Santa and Mrs. Claus. Levi asked for Ultimate Optimus Prime and Jace asked for a sippy cup, a bear and a frog. 

We rode the FrontRunner to Salt Lake and went to Temple Square to see the lights. It was snowing lightly that night and it was beautiful. There were a lot of people but it wasn't too crowded. 


December 23rd was the Cook family party. Since my mother-in-law has been in and out of the hospital since September my 2 sisters-in-law and I got together all the gifts. The younger girls got LaLaLoopsy dolls, older girls got various things and all the boys age 3-18 got nerf guns. I was in charge of the nerf guns, 33 in all. It was an all out war at the church. It was a lot of fun.

Christmas Eve we planned to spend the evening with my parents, but at the last minute decided to catch a matinee with the boys prior to going to my parents. We went and saw Arthur Christmas. It was super cute.  Jace fell asleep in the first 30 minutes but Levi LOVED it. I'm looking forward to adding it to our DVD collection to watch each year. Following the movie we headed to my parents and enjoyed spending time with them before we headed home to read the Christmas story from the Bible and get ready for Santa. 
Christmas Day was a lot of fun. The boys woke up around 7a.m. and we didn't have church until 1p.m. We took our time opening presents and enjoyed the morning. Santa came through for the boys and even knew to bring a few Wii games as he knew that Mommy and Daddy had bought a Wii for the family gift. We opened a few presents, played with them, opened a few more, had breakfast and continued this pattern until almost noon. Rick got me a Kindle and I have had a good time reading some books, which I rarely get to do. 

I left my camera at my parents house on Christmas Eve so I didn't get many pictures on Christmas Day.

No comments: