Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thankful

With next week being Thanksgiving I thought it would be a good idea for me to acknowledge the things that I am thankful for. The past several weeks have been... in a word, CRAPPY. Rick had to have surgery AGAIN. The economy has finally hit our little family as well as the thousands out there who have lost jobs and are also struggling.
Rick's job/business (he works with the stock market) is basically in the toilet right now. He is still working but we won't be able to receive any income from it for a very long time. And because he has been "self-employed" for the past 5-6 years, he doesn't qualify for unemployment (although we have contributed our fair share to the government). We have decided that he is going to go back to school and work in a field where he will have a little more job stability.
So here is where I need to start listing what I am thankful for, because though there have been many tears, frustration, and "pity-parties", we have truely been blessed.
I am thankful for:
1. A husband who tries so hard to provide a good life for us and has always supported my dreams.
2. 2 healthy boys, though at times they try our patience, they definitely bring joy and love into our home.
3. Did I mention that we are healthy? (Despite the recent surgery)
4. We have incredible parents who have taught us well and continue to be supportive of us.
5. I was able to find an additional job, apply, get a job offer within 1 week and start working the following week. With this job, I should be able to work 1-2 days extra per week and we will be able to be okay financially.
6. An education that allows me to make a good living and provide for my family. We sacrificed for a few years to get me through school and it is definitely paying off.
7. A Heavenly Father who though His plan for us isn't always the same as my plan, he is watching out for us and helping us to face the obstacles in our paths.
8. I have many other things to be grateful for, and during hard times, those are the things I need to remember most.

1 comment:

Mitzi said...

It is great to know that we have good educations that if something happens we can provide if needs be!