Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ribbon Frames

Last night (before Jace woke up) I spent working on baby shower and Christmas gifts (I know, kinda early). I made a ribbon frame for my cousin who is having a girl. I got this idea from "Good Things Utah". I'm addicted to the show, mostly for the great ideas I get.
The idea can be used to either make a hair bow holder or to weave pictures in it. All you do is take a picture frame, remove the backing and glass, put tacky tape on 2 of the inside lips (on opposite sides), put your strips of ribbon in and pull them tight, replace glass then backing ( I put a piece of white paper behind to hide the brown of the backing, but you could paint it or use scrapbook paper). It turned out really cute, the hair clips aren't hard to make either.
I'm sending it down to St. George with my mom next week to take to my cousin, I doubt that I'll be able to go down any time soon.

No comments: